Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Weekend

This weekend was a very active one...My cousin Emily turned nine and my sister and her dog Harper came to visit me! It was the set up for a great, if interesting weekend!

Julie came into town on Friday and spent the day working on her homework (ahhh...I remember those college days!) while I slaved away at school giving test after test! After school, we did a quick workout (walking only...) and then departed for McKinney and the lovely Fudruckers restaurant (the name, people, the name!) After a lovely dinner, we did a little shopping at Homegoods! To the left is a picture of my new bedspread and pillows that I purchased! I absolutely love it! Then it was time to head home for a good night's sleep!
On Saturday, Julie did more homework (I had forgotten all the work for college!) and I graded some papers ! Then we went for some more shopping in Allen and McKinney! I was on a mission today...I was looking for the new Nalini Singh book "Archangels' Consort"...now I know that it technically isn't supposed to come out until Tuesday, January 21st but I thought I might have some "luck" and one of the bookstores would've stuck it out early! ...........................lots of looking later (3 bookstores to be exact), I found what I was looking for at Books-A-Million! I was sooooo excited! I was going to be able to go home and read this book I had been waiting months for 3 days before it actually came out! So, an excited Julie (because my joy was rubbing off on her) heading home! Now....here it comes.....we got home and found that Julie's dog Harper had shredded the carpet in my room....and when I mean shredded....I'm mean it's horrible! I've never seen carpet so torn up in my life! I was devastated, worried, upset....emotional to the extreme....my joy of finding my book faded like worn jeans!

To say there was drama was an understatement! I was upset for a couple of hours afterward and did not sleep well last night...having reoccurring dreams of shredded carpet! Luckily, today went much better! After a great Sunday School lesson at The Heights Baptist Church in Richardson, TX...I came home to take a nap and read some of my book!

I'm much more relaxed after venting on this blog and glad that you have read my comments until the end!


See you next time,


Lori

2 comments:

  1. Yikes!!! Are you in an apartment? Will you have to pay for the replacement, repair, etc?
    I love pets...BUT sometimes they can cause you
    grief! Keep writing...I'll keep reading.

    Janis Flethcer

    grandmommyblessings.blogspot.com/

    is my blog if you ever get bored and want to read what an OLD LADY BLOGS about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm living at my Grandpa's house right now...luckily he was understanding and it all worked out...He said that he needed new carpet in that room anyway! It took a great burden off my shoulders!

    ReplyDelete

Followers